Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Sunday, May 5, 2013

Impure Thinker (for Sean Arnold)

"I am an impure thinker. I am hurt, swayed, shaken, elated, disillusioned, shocked, comforted, and I have to transmit my mental experiences lest I die. And although I may die. To write a book is no luxury. It is a means of survival. By writing a book, one frees the mind from an overwhelming impression. The test for a book is its lack of arbitrariness, the fact that it had to be done in order to clear the road for further life and work."
-Eugen Rosenstock-Huessy, I Am An Impure Thinker

from Jellybones to Jello's bones
and across the country in 3 ways

A man, he sits at coffeeshops with nothing on display

he carries bread and water 
and taught himself to cook

You never see his nose, because his nose is in the books

and heads are in the clouds somewhere 
but not across the park

Light-traveling Light Traveler awakened from the dark

and all the Poet's Poems
and all the City's Kids

Reminding my friends that it iS what it iS

No comments: