Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MASS ANGST: NW ikon rhyme time.

felt my fingers on a trigger
for the first time in years
I guess it figures
because i've been extra-sensitive here
and i've been snappin'
this here rubberband til my wrist is
raw
& when I left home I knew i'd fall
but I didn't think i'd be makin' so
many phone calls
sayin' please dear god tell me something
to keep my wounduptight machine from running
it's getting a little overheated
and I feel like I cheated to get here,
swindled my loves with a couple stories of hope&fear
only to discover that I only came to drink beer,
because cascadia,
it's gonna make me an alcoholic and a fiend
and scream
and scheme
and I don't believe
in anything but thieves and the broken,
because all of my dreams are focused
on a very narrow arrow, y'see
and i'm just sittin' here waitin for that rejection letter,
and shit isn't getting any better.

No comments: