Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm not always going to be here to make you cry

I heard you from the beginning

but ignored what you said

i painted pictures of a woman with your face

we lived in houses and i felt no pain

but they were only pictures

i framed them with rotten wood

because the solid stuff burned to ash or soaked in blood and tears

became stained and decayed

happy stories too sad to write

all apologies for the lies that i told myself

love or lust hate or heartache

i didn't mean to kill the friend i could have been to you

and this codependent has days that are numbered

so when i say I will always love you

know this

the I can't see

whether I will love you in my memories

or love you with a heart still beating your name in morse code

No comments: