Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Monday, October 25, 2010

Fuck a happy ending, I want the blood soaked truth

I lost count of the cracks years ago

so i count the cigarette butts instead

you see im scared to look straight ahead

or up or to my left or right

or anywhere but down

all the buildings and faces

like sign posts

calm reminders of the human condition

that is to say, if i straighten out my neck

i'll see your eyes

and remember that you hurt too

i'll see the bricks and remember that someone told me you could drink the water once upon a time

the blood beneath each bandage

so my eyes are always averting

some hide it better than others

we're all unhappy searching souls with ice in our veins

do what you can to forget that

to ignore the signs

this can't be happening

No comments: