Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Thursday, August 26, 2010

five pieces of

1

i wake up without ever sleeping because i havent slept for weeks
its like living in dreams
but nothing is quiet
or safe
and everything is insane
as i have the same conversation over
and over again

2

ive forgotten how to breathe;
instead ive been keeping panic in my lungs
and nausea in my throat

3

ive been keeping cotton in my ear canals
to keep out the floods of
the hungry, eager sea monsters:
the poorly phrased questions
and pouring suggestions

because it burns

4

worse than the boiling glass wter
ive been washing my hands in
worse than peeling off burned and bubbled skin
im just trying to get this city off of my palms
and broken wrists

5

i wake up without ever sleeping
i scream without ever screaming
its like living in dreams
in pieces of something
i cant touch, smell or see

No comments: