Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Sunday, July 11, 2010

that's growing up they tell me
"you should be grateful, things are looking up."
but i'm still looking down
and this isn't a pity me angst poem
this is a, hey guys, i don't know what to do poem
because every crosswalk was a death wish today
that's not the me i was last night
this whole growing up thing
is strikingly similar to a regression
into the angry ego with arms and legs
that did little more than kick and punch
3 years ago
and no guys listen
really
this isn't a pity me angst poem
this is a where am i poem
this is my waking up at 530 am poem
this is my
i haven't been to a meeting in a month poem
my i haven't written since january poem
yeah yeah i know what you're thinking
"get used to it, we all gotta get jobs sometimes"
but i can't really relate to reality

1 comment:

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

nice flow to this poem...you just have to keep writing at all costs