Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Saturday, March 20, 2010

skip town blues

ain’t upset but I’m leavin
getting way outta town
ain’t upset but I’m leavin
getting way outta town
my friend she got this tattoo
two arrows shootin’ left
in the middle of a circle
means I’m gonna skip town
my friend got this tattoo
on her left wrist
says I’m gonna skip town
my friend he got mud glaze
on his khakis
sez I’m gonna skip town
my friend he got half finished tats on his knuckles
sez I’m gonna skip town
me I got no symbols
but a heart with an arrow
on my forearm I given myself
and I’m just getting way outta town.

hear waves crashin car wheels
getting onto next town
hear waves crashin car wheels
getting onto next town
on a pale white ’83 van
getting onto next town.
all my shit in a sack
getting onto next town
all my shit in a sack
getting onto next town
don’t never look back
don’t never look back
don’t never look back
getting onto next town.

the cities bare steel grid
constitutes the next town
city’s bare steel grid
is in the next town
wheelin n dealin
tryin to mess round.
a ballpoint pin is a knife
says the stranger in this town
a ballpoint pin is a knife
a spoon is hot melted joy in veins soon
says the stranger in this town
green is the color of dead white men
and spliff euphoria
says my friends in this town
ain’t got no drugs to speak of
but my coffee n my nerves
ain’t got no weapons to speak of
but my madness and my words
I’m ready for the next town.
the road eats us like a steelmill
I’m ready for the next town
the road is mighty hungry
and eating us alive
the road is mighty hungry
the road is and aint no jive
and eatin us alive
so I’m off to the next town.
next town next town next town.

No comments: