Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I salute you brother

I read your obituary today, it was in the new york times
and I remember the words I wrote, inspired by your own
I remember the stories you told me that night,
as I sat there, like so many nights before and after
sweating infront of the cathode tube
Like the time when you were in a particularly cat loving mood
and you made that fuckers nose bleed
or when you would jump into the harlem river
timing your dive so as to dodge the floating excrement
I remember the shakiness in your voice as you read
and by contrast, the smoothness as you sang
I get sad, and though you've died
You're forever alive
and when you read it's like a good conversation with a close friend
coming back to meet me through the speakers on my desk
and an ode to you could go on forever
but you said it best after bobby died:
I feel dazed..like I've just come out of a four hour movie I didn't understand.

No comments: