Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NO HORROR STORIES IN FRONT OF USERS (new/revised)

I see you boys of summer in your ruin
Man in his maggot's barren
and boys are full and foreign in the pouch. *

yo we are recovering from this party last night
white-trash-type alcoholics
and my tall halfrican friend Aaron
drove compact cars full of coolers full of the cheapest beer into the woods
to "the spot"
thought we were digging nature
tailpipes dragging in the dirt
we'd make fires
but not to keep warm, just for the fuckofit
and once we got too lazy to gather wood
we'd burn our glowsticks
martian toxins
flaming into the evening.
after a while I was pretty sure I was the only one who considered the connotations:
TRASHED
WASTED
FUCKED UP
SHITFACED
SHITTY
MAD-DRUNK
CRAZY-DRUNK
PISS-DRUNK
PISSED
LEGLESS
EXCRUCIATINGLY SUBLIMATED
HAMMERED
PLASTERED
ANNHILATED
OBLITERATED
BLITZED
SLOSHED
SMASHED
BLAZED
TORE UP
GONE.
running from
the infinite dung heap
all out of our control
jobs
unsupportive parents
too supportive parents
semi-poverty
pseudo-affluence
the consumptive torrent of reputations
the emptiness of status
first-person shooter delirium
the inevitability of role play
medication
lack of medication
self-medication
senseless abuse of privelage
senseless entitlement of underprivelage
mottley headache of gossip
hollow shell of small talk
The only fix-all being
someone's tongue lodged down yr throat
someone's young fingers
scraping on yr hard dick,
jeans still on.
we were the mosquito kids of the 'burbs
sucking each other's blood
taking just enough,
stealing life slowly
sloshing in the damp womb of summer.

NOW
I am on vacation for a week with my folks
this kid Josh calls me up with a
dude guess wud-da-fuck happened
i flipped my car
goin 90 down a gravel road.
Fuck
i say
dude he says where-da-fuck were you
this wouldn't have happened
if you were there
but what he means
not so subtly
is SAVE ME.

But seasons must be challenged, or they totter
Into a chiming quarter where,
punctual as death,
we ring the stars *
I'd get these emails,
calls, from Josh
after he left for the Marines
I'd always ask simple questions
the hows it goings
followed by
yo dawg they shoot real bullets
not like in training camp
he told me about consecutive nights
downing Jack Daniels
so hows the marines treating you?
they turned me into a drinker and a killer
he'd say.
shortly after annhilating Jack
annhilating human bodies
while I drown myself in Peace
best as I know how.
FIRST WATCH
BARNES N NOBLE
GREAT CLIPS
TREATS UNLEASHED!
ONCE UPON A CHILD
FIRST BANK ATM
MCDONALDS
ARBY'S
MOBIL
AMERICA'S BEST! CONTACTS & EYEGLASSES
EDWARD JONES
DSW SHOES
HOUSEHOLD REPAIR
NATIONAL GAURD RECRUITING OFFICE
ARIAKE JAPANESE STEAKHOUSE
ARMED FORCES RECRUITING
SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY
AMERICAN RED CROSS
LUCKY SUSHI HOUSE
FRANKLY NAILS
ONE WAY
PLANNED PARENTHOOD (need emergency contreception, planned parenthood to the rescue!)
In this gleaming slop-pit of suburbs
in the uniformly stitched gap-khaki-draped asshole of amerikan culture
Josh & I hang out again
he is on leave from his first tour of duty for 3 days
so for 3 days we relive
the glostick bonfire summer of '06 but it is '07.
I pick him up from the marine recruiting office
where he is punching in numbers to a giant computer
and trying to pick up chicks at planned parenthood during his breaks
plucking vaginas fresh from soft abortions
these chicks who would Put Out
only to have their spring dumped into the steaming tomb of summer.
but at least they Put Out.
he was still attracted to those irresponsible of life,
I was still weary of being fucked-up.
still,
we head off for a bucket of coke and cheese fries
then to a friends house
before he heads off for another tour,
NOW
he has playing on his myspace profile ANGELFUCK, a Misfits cover BY a band of fat drunk bastards from St. Lou donning lucha libre masks called World Police.
the whole thing still doesn't seem real
more like an eloborate social satire we play along with
but he said it best, "they shoot real bullets".
we watch rambo with old friends
he tells me lately he's been looking up murders and suicides on youtube
as the blood splatters so well on the big screen that it pretty much explodes off of the telivision and onto our laps.
this is the only war movie he's watched since he's been in the service,
our friend talks about snorting H
I tell him about my girl's best friend who died of a heroin overdose,
to be careful
dude
Josh says
no horror stories in front of users
I guess that's how it goes.
We talk about
the misfits
bad religion
war movies
and fucking
I tell him I can find a place to hide in the woods in kentucky if he doesn't want to go back
as he casually mentions
he has killed 3 men.
he only has two more tours of duty he says
and he is still alive.
they are murdering the young men with nintendo A+B combos
but far as I know we don't get second lives.
Josh and I go back to catching tags and drinking 40s in the suburbs in the daytime
backdropped by the useless luxuries
unknowing hit men
send him to murder and be murdered for.
*Dylan Thomas, "I See the Boys of Summer"

No comments: