Whereforto Ye Wanderers

Whereforto Ye Wanderers.



Friday, May 30, 2008

1.

we were rolling around
last nite
whatever lite
came through the small window snagged her breast tip xxx
we did not sleep
she was gone by morning
I am happy still
when I woke
the walls spoke of her
because in this room
she has spelled her name
all over them.

life is too short sometimes
too good
to mess around
with sleep.

2.

love met me
like graffiti writers
in the darkness
behind the trains
drunk
the city
rumbling at our sides
as a painting
as a bright name
spewed out
across the sides
of boxcars
boxcars
boxcars
to go ambling
across coasts
for others to gaze at
and wonder

love met me
as an act of resistance
love met me
as an impending sweetness
love met me
as a sudden deafening rattle
beside the tracks
love met me
as police meet a drunken drifter

love met me
as a smile
lost
under the eyelids of that butterfly dream,
wide mouthed
and happy.

love met me
like wine
meets lips
sweet and slightly
spilling over the chin.

peel you off
put you back on
never met
such perfect skin.

No comments: